Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Week of Work

The past week was much more busy for me. I started reporting to work at the regular time, and started doing my job. We report to work about 0900, and leave in and around 1700. Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday we have a 1630 meeting which lasts about an hour, so we leave later on those days. However, Friday and Sunday are half days which means we don't have to report until 1300. My days have been spent working on all of our policies letters. LTC Sweeney is a stickler for policy memos, and I have submitted these twice now. I just received an email from LTC Sweeney with more mark ups. MAJ Rossen told me not to feel bad because he could look at it one hundred times, and he would still find something wrong with it. For me, I just want to be finished with them. I'm sick at looking at polices for Emergency Leave or TDY!.

In interesting news, I showed up to work today, and was informed that I was moving. I am now in a two-man room which is really nice. I didn't know who my roommate would be, and I was a little worried. I showed up, and providentially (and coincidentally) my roommate was a 1LT who was my next-door neighbor when I was at Adjutant General Officer Basic Course in Fort Jackson, SC. We hung out a lot when I was there (which was September-October, 2009--when Shawna was my sub). That was an awesome surprise because it could have been anyone.

Life here is fine. No one is trying to kill me so I can't complain. However, I miss normalcy. I miss Christina. I miss trees. I miss autumn in Michigan. I miss ASH. I miss North Hills. I miss driving. I miss living a normal life. These are typical of a deployment, and, again, I'm in no danger here. Say a prayer for those in Afghanistan and Iraq right now. They miss everything I do, but their lives are a lot more tense in those areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment