Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Almost Ready

We finished our CTE today. It was more difficult than I was expecting because my supervisor's mother passed away, and the CPT went on emergency leave. I had to take over her duties on top of mine. I got to work everyday at 0600 for the CG (Commanding General) brief, and would often get back at around 1930. Long, long days. I learned a lot, however, and am ready to hit the ground running.

In awesome, fantastic, spectacular, news, Christina flies in on Friday!! We get Friday night, and all Saturday, Sunday,and Monday with one another. The command approved the pass. This is a real treat, and I am stoked beyond belief! On top of being with my beautiful bride, I can enjoy fermented grain again. This will be my last taste of freedom for nearly six months, so I'm going to use it wisely!

I'm looking forward to getting out of Fort Bliss, and deploying. I've been here far too long.

3 comments:

  1. You guys have a great weekend! Wowsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you used to 13.5 hr days? You are a teacher. ;)

    Thanks for sharing your 'adventures'! Have a great weekend with Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend! We sure enjoy having Christina around. The Zenz term of the day...breathe deeply! Make sure you do!

    ReplyDelete