Tuesday, August 30, 2011

CTE

Tomorrow begins the CTE--Culminating Training Exercise (Hopefully you're catching on that the Army makes an acronym for everything). This event is like the CPX-S only it is our validation event. Where we had Soldiers from the 1st Theater Sustainment Command (1TSC) helping us during the CPX-S, we will have no such help during the CTE. We are on our own, and we will be graded throughout the next week. If we do well, we will be validated, and shortly thereafter, we will be off to the Middle East. I'm a little nervous because everyone is freaking out. It will be stressful, but we are a competent unit; we'll be fine.


On an extremely awesome note, there is news that we will receive at least a 48 hour pass. That means we will be able to get off post, not return, drink alcohol, and, most importantly, our spouses can fly down to visit. If it goes through, Christina will fly down, and we will get 48 hours together. This would be such a welcome surprise, and an amazing blessing.


Lastly, I haven't mentioned anything about my faith down here. I miss North Hills Church terribly. The chaplains here are great people, but both of them come from a Southern-Baptist background, and I haven't enjoyed the services they have offered. Consequently, I haven't been to church in four weeks. Keep those prayers coming. I feed off of them even if I don't mention it here. Take care everyone, and I'll try to update in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Your church (and your wife) miss you too. Nothing is the same without you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Mrs. K! -RDE+

    ReplyDelete