Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Been a while

It's been a while since I last updated. We have settled into a routine, and nothing too exciting is happening right now. The weather has become much cooler. The last few weeks have seen highs around 85, but have been as low as 71. The nights are pretty cool. I had to wear a fleece one evening! We are about 10 miles from the gulf, and when the wind is coming from that area, it gets humid. Today was abnormally warm, 96, and humid.

We had our 100-day celebration on November 5. It was a day where non-essential personnel met, played games, ate, and hung out. Our CG wants one every 100 days to mark milestones in the deployment. It was a fun time, and just what I needed to help recharge the batteries. Time here is going by fairly quickly, and I can't believe that November is half over. I'll be home in about two months for R&R. It's what I have been looking forward to since we got here, and I can't believe that it's only 9 weeks away. Crazy.

I get to brief the CG tomorrow which will be a good experience. I'm not too nervous because A) I know my stuff, and B) he's a really nice and personable guy. Besides, generals aren't usually in the business of diming out lieutenants! We don't know any better! ;)

For everyone who has sent me a card in the mail, thank you. Seriously. Getting mail is so exciting, and no matter how small or inane the message might seem to you, the writer, it is so very appreciated. I will try to write back to all of those who have requested it. Please be patient with it, however!

I'll have pictures on FB from the 100-day celebration soon. Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment